Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I learned.

The past few weeks I have been reflecting on what exactly I learned during my time as as student here and more specifically, what I learned from my major. I have decided that what we are doing is really as simple as delivering a message. The message can have artistic flair or be more practical but the intent is the same. We are conveying information to people.

This is the approach I want to take in my professional life. I am a deliverer of messages and information. Because of my education and experience I am capable of doing this in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and effective. I could work in a few different capacities but I see myself as a video journalist or reporter.

I don't know what opportunities I will have through my career but I do know that I will have to continually improve myself and my craft if I hope to be successful. There is something to be said for finding yourself in the right place at the right time but that is still no substitute for a work ethic. As I grow my reel will continue to be a snapshot of my progression as an artist and storyteller. But I will always keep the philosophy that I am a delivery man.

No comments:

Post a Comment